Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: RE: Best spyware program

From: nickledesma () gmail com
Date: 25 Jul 2005 15:24:30 -0000

I like MSASW because it is able to monitor microsoft's winsocks. As an article stated on this website before, a
dangerous security threat is a trojan that communicates through the LSP in windows. As the article says this type of
attack is mos def hard to detect since the trojan cmds would be buried in packets going over port 80. MSASW gives
detailed info about the windows LSP.

If that feature isnt enough, you get a bonus...
md5 hasher, a very complete tracks eraser, last but not least the spyware remover...which is good but of course since
we are using signature based scanners, always use more than one!