Security Basics mailing list archives

Tunneling Your Company's Firewall For Fun and Profit

From: Manu Garg <manugarg () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 09:57:12 -0400

Hi guys,

Here is this new paper from me. It illustrates the technique to get
into your office network from home without using VPN.

From blog entry.....

"In this paper, I discuss a technique to get into your office network
using ssh tunneling with some cool tricks. I assume the most common
scenario, no special requirements. It makes a lot of sense for
software engineers having no VPN access and sys admins who have to
login to office network many a times after office hours. And, of
course there can be some bad uses too. You can think of them yourself
after reading the paper. I won't tell you."

Here are links to the paper:

http://manugarg.freezope.org/notes/ssh_tunneling/index.html (HTML)
http://manugarg.freezope.org/notes/ssh_tunneling.html (HTML one page)
http://manugarg.freezope.org/notes/ssh_tunneling.pdf (PDF)

Blog entry:
http://manugarg.blogspot.com/2005/07/tunneling-your-companys-firewall-for.html

Relevant keywords - ssh tunneling, wrt54g, openwrt, proxytunnel, http(s) proxy.

Let me know your views on it.

cheers,
^manu
--