Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: RE: Best spyware program

From: knieveltech () yahoo com
Date: 25 Jul 2005 23:10:14 -0000

In my experience none of the spyware scanners ever seem to get a system truly clean, especially when dealing with some
of the more devious stuff out there that keeps a process running with SYSTEM privs. They can be handy for early warning
though, so I suppose it depends on what your focus is. If you're looking for something to tip you off to a possible
infection, any of a number of scanners works great. If you're actually trying to get the system clean, nothing I've
tried so far competes with booting to safe mode and running hijack this.