Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Question for all

From: "Bob Walker" <bobwalker8 () comcast net>
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2003 23:54:05 -0500

Hamish

While I am a huge fan of the msconfig utility in windows machines, it
doesn't work in win2k.  Doesn't even exist.  My advice would be to go
the safe mode route, as you suggested.  Another possible avenue (for
advanced users only though), would be to go to administrative tools,
computer management, and remove the offending service there.

Bob