Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Question for all

From: Shaun Colley <shaunige () yahoo co uk>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 18:29:18 +0100 (BST)

One way to clean the trojan horse off of the system is
to get a more powerful AV program.  Sure, Norton is a
powerful enough AV product, but by no means the most
powerful.

The AV which has been proven to be the most powerful
and has the biggest database of known viruses and
trojans is TheCleaner.  This software product can
clean trojans and viruses that are known to very few
people:  www.moosoft.com

I guarantee TheCleaner will sort the problem :-)

Thank you for your time.
Shaun.

--- Flory D Jeffrey Contractor 59MDSS/MSISI
<Jeffrey.Flory2 () LACKLAND AF MIL> wrote: > A friend of
mine recently went from Windows ME to
Win2K, but now he has a
trojan on his computer.  He is running Norton
Anti-virus, and it will not
clean it off, it will only quarentine it.  The
affliction is:
Backdoor.Trojan, and it has placed a hidden folder
on his hard drive called:
Payload.Dat.  He cannot get ride of it.  We have
tried doing a search on the
internet for some kind of information pertaining to
this, but we had no
luck.  We also tried all the antiviral websites but
they do not have a tool
for this.

My question is:  Has anyone ever heard of this, and
if so, how do you clean
it off.

Thanks in advance for any assistance, anyone can
provide.

Jeff