Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Question for all

From: "Glenn Pearl" <glennp () datasync com>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 10:20:46 -0500

I have found Mike Lin's "Startup Control Panel" applet to be
indispensable for controlling 95% of startup applications.  It runs on
any Windows OS, showing startup folders and registry entries.  It does
not show services on any NT-based system (NT, 2K, XP), but does show
services on 9x.

Get it here, and toss Mike a few bucks.  He's working his way through
MIT, although his job at IBM is helping, I'm sure.
www.mlin.net

Check out some of his other utilities, too.

Regards,
Glenn Pearl