Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: hacksdmi?

From: "Robert A. Seace" <ras () SLARTIBARTFAST MAGRATHEA COM>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 22:05:43 -0400

In the profound words of Robert Johnson:

Don't really see how this is on topic unless we're talking about the
vulnerability of the digital watermark to forgery, etc., but anyways...

        Or, well, just its vulnerabilities, in general...  Seems perfectly
on topic to me, for Vuln-Dev...  I'd rather see it discussed here, out
in the open, than just given to the RIAA, to help them in their unholy
quest to steal even more of our rights away...

        Anyway, you've all probably already seen this story, but:
"http://salon.com/tech/log/2000/10/12/sdmi_hacked/";...  Supposedly,
all of the watermarks have already been cracked...  Bummer, I was
hoping someone would wait until after the RIAA had sunk tons of
cash into it, and fully commited to it, and THEN release the cracks
for it...  Oh, well...  I guess the lure of $10,000 is too strong
for some... ;-)  Now, the question is, do they try again, or do
the sensible thing and abandon their impossible quest?  I say
they're stubborn and foolish enough to try again...

--
||    Rob Seace    ||               URL              || ras () magrathea com ||