nanog mailing list archives

Re: Best TAC Services from Equipment Vendors

From: Giorgio Bonfiglio via NANOG <nanog () nanog org>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2024 08:14:54 +0000

On 7 Mar 2024, at 06:50, Saku Ytti <saku () ytti fi> wrote:

The last case is so common that every first-line adopts the strategy of 'pinging' you, regardless how good and clear
information you provide, they ask some soft-ball question, to see if you're still engaged.

No way - I never understood why HP and VMware support would call me 12/24 hours after I raised a case, essentially read
it back to me and conclude with ‘okay assigning to an engineer now’. I last dealt with either of them 7 years ago but
things haven’t likely changed.

This is it, to check if I’m still there! Quite absurd though to create a dependency on a phone call to start working on
a support case for which I selected the email/portal contact method if you ask me though.