Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: All Advantage Spyware

From: Brad Griffin <b.griffin () cqu edu au>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 09:08:26 +1000

Hi all.

It seems that the page referred
to(http://home.cyberarmy.com/acecww/advert.txt) concerning the AllAdvantage
advert.dll files may be a false report. Steve Gibson of Gibson Research has
informed me (via one of the GRC NGs) that the text is a direct copy of the
original FUD report about the Aureate 'spyware' dll that was included in
earlier versions of advertising supported software. If this is correct, then
it could be a case of someone who was caught out by AA attempting to get
some sort of bad publicity happening for AA.

When I receive the details from GRC, I'll let you know.

Cheers,
Gryph