Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: SDMI - The way I would make the water mark.

From: "Bluefish (P.Magnusson)" <11a () GMX NET>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2000 23:10:16 +0200

Again, this is an old method which I remember discussed at my computer
security class :-) ... An attack would include move "notes" randomly a
few MS, or copying some notes a few MS.

Basicly, as of today, there aren't any watermarking which really works.
OK, if the technice is known, applying all attacks will cause noticeable
damage, but if you only aim for certain watermarks it seems you can remove
it without causing much more damage than adding it allready did. Assuming
no one has a totally new technice, though I sincerly doubt it ;)

     http://www.11a.nu || http://bluefish.11a.nu
    eleventh alliance development & security team

             http://www.eff.org/cafe