Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

[update 2] Re: possible gnome remote overflow

From: sopwith () REDHAT COM (Elliot Lee)
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 14:32:11 -0400

http://people.redhat.com/sopwith/gsm-security.patch1 contains TCP Wrapper
support for gnome-session's ICE connections, and also has a dumbhack
workaround (I think) for the problem you reported. You'll need to have a
GNOME development environment set up, as well as libtool/automake/autoconf
installed.

If people could whack on the TCP Wrappers part of things, I'd appreciate
it a lot. Owen is on top of finding the right fix for the libICE problem.

-- Elliot                                       http://developer.gnome.org/
The first thing a programmer needs to admit is that any program is by far
more complex than his own mind. Thats why he partitions it into neat
pieces and avoids complexity.