Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Need help cracking wwwboard passwd.txt

From: sebastion () IRELANDMAIL COM (Jeff Bachtel)
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 12:44:36 -0500

I almost split a rib over this :) If this passwd.txt file is from the
company you wish to "correct", I would seriously suggest _not_
mentioning your possesion until the contract has been settled.

I wouldn't settle for less than $20 an hour, depending on the
company's size and depth of scan, you can get considerably more.

If you go to the company and say "I have your VP's password", well,
they are likely to consider that blackmail and not pay a dime.

jeff