Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: possible gnome remote overflow

From: crispin () CSE OGI EDU (Crispin Cowan)
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 1999 19:34:52 +0000

kay wrote:

Conversely, if someone can point us at an easy to recompile-from-source
pile of source RPMs for the necessary Gnome components, then we might take
a poike at it.

I think the GNOME distribution includes SRPM's as well as tarballs?

We discovered the hard way that GNOME current assumes that no one would want to
build GNOME on anything earlier than RH 6.0.  Our most current complete StackGuard
environment is RH 5.2.  When we get the EGCS port of StackGuard running, then we
ca work on RH 6.1, and *then* we can build GNOME current.

So to refine the question:  can someone point me at GNOME sources that are old
enough to compile on RH 5.2, and are thought to be vulnerable to this problem?

Thanks,
    Crispin
-----
Crispin Cowan, CTO, WireX Communications, Inc.    http://wirex.com