Vulnerability Development mailing list archives

Re: Classes?

From: bacano () ESOTERICA PT (Bacano)
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 19:03:45 +0100

Seems that people like to rant on me ... cool,  I like it. So lets just rant
on me and not on the list, because then i must say something too, and then
we are not respecting the goal of this list.

Write to the publisher and ask them to do a book on overflows and StackGuard
(i didnt write the book, nor have any participation on it), its an idea for
Maximum Security 4th Edition, because seems like this days security is just
about overflows, else books are not amazing. Add also not to do books for
beginners like me and just for elites like your self. If you dont like the
book, dont buy it, or write one your self since you got so many information
on overflows.

A huge portion of everything i see in the net is from people with lack of
memory, that easy forget when they were newbies, so many lacks of memory
just can stop on an overflow, thats why this issue is so important this
days.

Here is one more add on overflows, this was published some time ago, so
sorry not to put it earlier in this list:
http://www.kitetoa.com/Pages/Textes/Les_Dossiers/Weird/hamsandwiches.htm
http://www.kitetoa.com/Pages/Textes/Les_Dossiers/Weird/ajouts_modifs-hamsand
wiches.htm

Bacano
Esoteric Pizza Research CEO
(sorry guys, i'll stop my replys ... right now)