Penetration Testing mailing list archives

Re: [PEN-TEST] Datacenter Wiring

From: c0ncept <c0ncept () HUSHMAIL COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 11:34:31 -0700

I believe there was a thread on this several months ago on one of the
mailing lists ( I believe it was this one) and the conclusion was
that this would work for at 10mb, but a 100mb connection requires a
two way connection for negotiation.

As far as inserting a diode, my understanding was that the link had
to be two-way to enable the initial negotion to take place.
<disclaimer> I'm not a hardware expert, and i could be totaly
mistaken, if i am, please forgive my ignorance </disclaimer>.

However, if the two way communication is only required for the
initial link, I would imagine that it would be possible to install a
toggle switch on the wire the would break the circut as soon as the
connection was established.

- --c0ncept