PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Re: Career Advice

From: Bill Swearingen <hevnsnt () i-hacked com>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2013 18:07:53 -0500

Looks like you need to see my BSidesKC Talk "You Need To
Talk<https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1394525/YouNeedToTalk.pdf>"
(dont worry it is only like 5 slides long or something)
-Bill

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 7:11 AM, Brian Seel <brian.seel () gmail com> wrote:

I appreciate the feedback. I really like the idea of starting a blog... My
biggest problem is thinking that the stuff I am working on won't interest
anyone, but I guess if I just blog about it all... Then at least it will
get me in the habit of "explaining" my work to others. And the best way to
learn something is to teach. And there is the point about a potential
employer reading it too.

I went to derbycon last year (loved it) but I am pretty introverted so I
didn't network as much as I hoped I would. I am going to submit a talk this
year on using railgun to do programmatic wmi queries (I don't think anyone
has done it... And it was more of a pain than you would think), so maybe
that will get me out of my shell. And there is bsides coming to dc in
October... So if it's rejected then I can try it there!

And I never though of a Ctf as a reference... I just did them for the fun
of it. Good point.

And I was going to take sans 560 anyway this year. Since I value the
opinions of caliber of people on this list, I will get my gpen.

I appreciate the feedback guys.