PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Bypassing Vontu

From: genesiswave at gmail.com (James Costello)
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 10:50:24 -0500

Nice layer 1 work around MWD

Copy the files to your local machine
Reboot with a Linux Live CD (could also work with UBCD4Win)
Copy files to a USB drive
Reboot
Make minor changes to the files and save back to remote location

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 10:44 AM, Monkey Daemon <
monkeywebdaemon at googlemail.com> wrote:

2009/10/22 Brian Schultz <theconqueror at gmail.com>:
 > Our security department is testing out Symantec's Vontu and I am
playing the
guinea pig and have to try and get documents out of our company's
environment. I have a really basic understanding of how it works. It has
span port sitting and listening to all outgoing web traffic and there is
also an agent that sits on desktops and watches to see if any sensitive
information leaves via USB drive or e-mail.

Does anyone have any whitepapers or info regarding how it actually works
or
any tactics I should try?

Switch off the box, open the case and walk out with the disk in your
briefcase/laptop bag?

MWD