Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Status report #1 of 17

From: Corey Chandler <lists () sequestered net>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 21:51:43 -0700

David Fifield wrote:

Those instructions are specific to HTTP proxies and the insecure SVN
server doesn't support HTTP. We tried the next FAQ down at
http://subversion.tigris.org/faq.html#paranoid but that fails with
externals.

David Fifield
Unfortunately I hit send before your second email came through-- it explained the problem nicely.

That is a nasty problem; I'd say that the /etc/hosts solution is probably the least painful solution, if (and only if) it works; I'd want to verify that it didn't behave unexpectedly; I'm pretty certain that all host resolution for externals occurs clientside, but I'd not stake my job on it.

Would standing up a shell account / *nix server for him for a month or two outside of his restrictive proxy server's jurisdiction be a viable option?

--
Corey Chandler / KB1JWQ
Living Legend / Systems Exorcist