Nmap Development mailing list archives

Status report #1 of 17

From: Patrick Donnelly <batrick () batbytes com>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 23:30:58 -0600

Hey list,

I'll be doing GSoC again. As many of you know, I've been working on
NSE this past year and hope to make many more improvements this
Summer. For those curious, I'll be going to Notre Dame University this
Fall to pursue a doctorate degree in Computer Engineering.

Accomplishments:

o Fixed the bug reported by Michael Pattrick [1] where entries in the
script database were incorrectly made for Windows.
o Proposed a patch for the script-args problems reported by Jah [2].
o Corrected a name conflict bug reported by Pieter Bowman [3].
o Continued discussion and development on the implementation of
--script boolean operators [4].
o Located the cause of a SEGFAULT reported by Lionel Cons [5] and
applied a patch.
o Created a patch for NSE that prevents scripts from yielding when the
script is loading or inside a host/portrule (r13052).
o Determined a meeting time for NSE discussion this week.

Priorities:

o Compose list of pertinent topics for discussion at the NSE meeting.
o Get a TODO finalized with David for the Summer.

[1] http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2009/q2/0192.html
[2] http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2009/q2/0204.html
[3] http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2009/q2/0171.html
[4] http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2009/q2/0100.html
[5] http://seclists.org/nmap-dev/2009/q2/0180.html

--
-Patrick Donnelly

"One of the lessons of history is that nothing is often a good thing
to do and always a clever thing to say."

-Will Durant