Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Status report #1 of 17

From: venkat sanaka <venkatsanaka () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 04:46:25 +0530

Hi everyone
My name is venkat sanaka,one of the Gsoc 2009 student.I am pursuing my
3rd year B,E,(Hons) Computer science at Bits-pilani,Goa campus
in India.I will be working as a feature creeper/Bug wrangler this summer.

Accomplishments:
*  Subscribed to the nmap-svn(Other mailing lists subscribed before).
*  Started learning svn and using it as this is my first opensource project.
*  worked with my mentor on getting svn working through proxy server as i
   was behind a proxy server in my college and nmap repository doesnt
support
   http protocol.Finally got it worked using ssh portforwading though this
method
   had minor problem with svn-externals.Any further help on using svn behind
proxy
   perfectly would be appreciated.
*  Created a new directory in nmap-exp with name "venkat" for GSoC.
*  Successfully checked out the current nmap source and built it.

Priorities:
* Further exploring the svn.
* Begin reading the online documenatation.

Regards
Venkat