Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: Status Report #1 of 17

From: kx <kxmail () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 21:53:16 +0200

This is more of a ramble than a good idea, and please know that I
haven't looked at nmap source in over 2 years.  However...

I know that hping3 added Tcl support for scripting, and I had wondered
if nmap, ncat and nping all share the same core packet sending
libraries, would it be possible to design nping to be able to run NSE
scripts as well? That is probably well over the scope for this summer,
but I thought it might be worth considering if it would impact design
choices this summer.

The biggest thing I am thinking of is being able to take advantage of
all the NSE libraries at the least.

Again, I haven't looked at code, so NSE scripts might be dependent on
nmap data structures that would make this unfeasible, but I thought it
was at least worth mentioning.

If the saner, more competent folks on the list could weigh in...

Cheers,
  kx