Nmap Development mailing list archives

Nmap GUI

From: "Grodås, Ole Morten" <omgrodaas () hsbs mil no>
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2005 12:20:05 +0200

There is a chance that one of the summer of code projects (code.google.com) is going to be the creation of a new nmap
GUI. Because of this I think it would be wise to have a discussion about what the community wants from a new GUI.

When I use nmap I normally have one of the following questions:
Who is on this network?
Who is running web servers on this network?
What services is this client running?
What web server is this client running?

For me it's therefor important that the new GUI handle this cases in a efficient way. It would be interesting to hear
about other situations where nmap is used.

Another question is what toolkit to use in the new GUI. In my opinion QT4 and JAVA are good alternativs. Anyone have
comments on this?

 Ole Morten Grodås