Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: What would we want in a new Netcat/Hping?

From: Andreia Gaita <shana.ufie () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 14:14:41 -0700

Hello,

you must have missing packages cos on the default install it works nice.

Compiling or just running? When compiling on ubuntu and debian, I get
a configure error in nbase:

configure: error: cannot run /bin/sh ./config.sub

Now this file exists in the nmap source root, in libpcap, in libpcre
and in nsock/src, but doesn't exist in the nbase dir. If I copy over
the config.sub from the nsock dir over to the nbase dir,configure
hangs on config.guess... so I copy that too. With those 2 files in
there, configure succeeds. The nmap source in insecure.org doesn't
have those 2 files in nbase, so they aren't supposed to be there, so
something is wrong, but what? Me stumped :p

shana
gone crazy, back soon, leave message