Honeypots mailing list archives

RE: Moving forward with defintion of honeypots

From: "John McCracken" <john () mccrackenassociates com>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 23:38:12 -0500

Bernie raises some very good points and I do like the suggested mix of the
two. However, and this may be capricious, but a question/concern for those
knowledgeable in the litigation arena; is "monitoring" by definition
sufficient to include an evidentiary collection of data or should
"monitoring and/or intercept" or just "intercept" be added to the mix?

May not matter for the purposes herein, but I've seen far less grind the
wheels of justice to a halt and I am curious what some of the legal minds
think as I can see a possible argument that monitoring, by definition, may
not embrace the act of collecting/seizing data like intercept would.

Thanks!
John McCracken