funsec mailing list archives

Re: Canadian revolution

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 15:34:26 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006, Brian Loe wrote:

On 10/24/06, Dude VanWinkle <dudevanwinkle () gmail com> wrote:

Tells me something, tells me he can believe - take that leap - in
something bigger than himself, something you are apparently incapable
of, or more likely incapable of admitting to.

Way to go Brian! I didnt know you were a religious man?

How could you, I'm not. Oh, was that a question? No, I'm not. Not really.

It is obvious from your statement that you have judged Solly. Solly
has been judged and is according to your words; incapable of believing
in something bigger than himself, or at least more likely incapable of
admitting to it.

You really went all out on your attack - but failed to recognize a few
subtle differences in my statements versus your perception of those
statements: I use the word "apparently" on purpose - I am, after all,
relying solely on what Solly has said on this list; I let him off the
hook since I am relying on my perceptions and because I know its not
true of him otherwise I doubt he would have ever gotten married (he'd
still be doodling anything the arseholes didn't take with them out of
the pub - or whatever he did in his youth).

I wasted my youth on beer, girls and programming. Now that I'm older and
wiser, I spend my time on beer, women and programming.

In fact, I'd be willing to bet no one here is incapable of believing
in something bigger than themselves. Human nature dictates that we
believe is something bigger than ourselves, and if there weren't a
God, man would create one (and maybe he has).

Hey, if you want an imaginary friend who is bigger than you, you go right
ahead. Just don't infringe on my personal liberty by insisting that
whatever he tells you is relevant to me.