funsec mailing list archives

Re: Canadian revolution

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 00:15:16 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 24 Oct 2006, der Mouse wrote:

In the sense that religious people use the word, [faith] means belief
in something with no actual evidence.

I'd say, rather, no objective evidence.  My own religious faith, for
example, is based on and informed by ample evidence - but it's all
entirely subjective, not anything I can demonstrate to anyone else.

Right - your imaginary friend told you so.

Look - what you're calling "evidence" wouldn't be admissible in a
scientific paper, wouldn't be admissible in a court of law, and would only
be admissible in a church.

Don't you think that tells you something?