funsec mailing list archives

Re: Canadian revolution

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 15:57:44 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006, der Mouse wrote:

Hey, if you want an imaginary friend who is bigger than you, you go
right ahead.  Just don't infringe on my personal liberty by insisting
that whatever he tells you is relevant to me.

I don't know where you got that.  I don't think anyone here has said
anything implying that anyone's religious beliefs, possibly excepting
your own, are relevant to you.  (At least, if anyone did, I missed it.)

Sadly, that's what happens. You pass laws based on what your imaginary
friend told you, which I then have to comply with. You distort the
education of my children by having compulsory superstition classes in
schools, and you fight wars, in which I get caught up, in order to spread
your superstitions. Most of what is happening in Iraq today, for example,
seems to be one lot of superstitions fighting another lot, with our
soldiers caught in the middle of that, wondering what on earth they're
supposed to be doing there.