funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] US vs EU

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 18:55:42 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 28 Aug 2006, Brian Loe wrote:

To answer both of your posts asking the same thing, I read a limited
amount of foreign news ("print is dead"). Unless I get a link via the
various lists I subscribe to, I don't visit foreign news companies. I
do, however, listen to the BBS feeds on Sirius as well as Reuters, AP,
etc.. The "homepage" I use for a "news portal" pulls from those
sources and several others around the world.

If you've got a suggestion of a news site to visit occasionally - let
me have it. If you have some examples of stories about what you're
security agencies are doing, even better (I found a couple simply
searching).

Still, this isn't quite my point. The original post made no mention of
M* while discussing the possible spying on English citizens. Why not?
Aren't they as likely to be working WITH the CIA/NSA as against? Of
course... I guess you can call it bad reporting but then that must be
the standard over there then because NONE of the articles posted on
this list (at least THIS list - which does have its own bias, of
course) are any better.

We don't post articles from the British press on this list, because we
naturally assume that everyone here is already reading the British press.
But we do find the postings about what happens in the USA (and other
foreign countries) useful, because it's so difficult to find that
information on the internet.