funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] US vs EU

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 15:02:29 -0500

On 8/28/06, Randy Abrams <abrams () eset com> wrote:

Stop drinking the kool aid.

No worries.

You are not talking about what rights people are
willing to give up for any level of safety. TSA has shown you are talking
about what rights people are willing to give up for an ignorant, unfounded
perception of level of safety. Pure Political BS.

I think you're too kind, I think stupid perception is much more
accurate - if a bit abrasive.

What you are talking about
is how far a government will acquiesce terrorism to make ignorant, scared
sheep fell secure in actions that have zero, or approaching zero security
increase.

I don't know that the government is acquiescing to terrorism, but they
certainly are for the Sheople. In a world where feelings trump
thought, what do you expect?