funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] US vs EU

From: "Dude VanWinkle" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 14:21:41 -0400

On 8/28/06, David Harley <david.a.harley () gmail com> wrote:
While I doubt if the British privacy advocates can sue to get their
own ministry of intelligence to stop snooping (like our infamous EFF
vs AT&T/ACLU vs NSA/ETC vs ETC) suit) on them,

I don't know why you assume that. I'm not even sure why you'd assume it
would be unsuccessful. I might, but I don't have much faith in anyone's
version of democracy...

I was assuming this because thats what happens in this country when
you try and sue the govt. I just assume that all democracies are
equally corrupt ;-)

They can't sue their own country, according to you,

I'm not sure how you sue a country...

This may be a lost in translation thing. A lawsuit is the only way to
change a law in this country. You can sue people, pets, corporations,
govt agencies, states, fish, etc. ;-)

-JP

"We have had 2,600 years to prove democracy works, and have as of yet
failed to provide such proof"
-JP