funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] US vs EU

From: "David Harley" <david.a.harley () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 19:36:26 +0100

At any rate, don't you also wonder what they are doing that is
different than what the CIA/NSA are accused of doing?

Oh no. That way lies scepticism. ;-)

seems it would be a worthy discussion to see what rights we're willing
to give up for that level of safety - world wide!

no argument from me.

And I am pretty sure - though I have no proof - that all of these
groups are sharing all kinds of information and I highly doubt
this is a new thing.

agree

In a nutshell I'd just like to see those questions asked -
and I don't care if they're asked in the US or the UK or Pakistan.

No argument there, either. Darn: I thought we might manage a far more
interesting clash of cultures. :)

--
David Harley
Security Author & Consultant