Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Destroying PCs remotely?

From: Shawn McMahon <smcmahon () eiv com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 08:53:02 -0400

On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 05:24:40PM -0400, JT said:
Please explain to me how a senator proposes a law without first "thinking
about it" "blowing off steam about it" etc etc. Either way, what you learned

Why would I bother to do that, when it's not relevant to the discussion
at hand?

Let's take a look at some of the stuff he's been up to that doesn't affect
you:

He was co author of the DMCA, and also responsible for the Copyright Term
Extension Act, or CTEA.

Which was passed by the Senate, not solely by Hatch.  I'm voting against
anybody who voted for it; are you?  That's how a Republic works.

He also was responsible for a bill that would have extended the term of the
patent for Claritin, as he use Schering-Plough's corporate jet when he was
running for president.

Which would have been passed by the Senate, not solely by Hatch.

He is also a backer of the patriot act, legislation that made it easier for
the FBI to use Carnivore, and other legislation that erodes our civil
rights.

Which I favor.  On balance, it's a good law.  He who would give up
essential security for temporary liberty shall have neither.  The
Patriot Act amounts to short-term inconvenience for a few, that the many
might live.  Hard to enjoy liberty and the pursuit of happiness without
life.

--
Shawn McMahon     | Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill,
EIV Consulting    | that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any