Full Disclosure mailing list archives

RE: Destroying PCs remotely?

From: "JT" <ptourvi1 () twcny rr com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 17:24:40 -0400

Please explain to me how a senator proposes a law without first "thinking
about it" "blowing off steam about it" etc etc. Either way, what you learned
in Civics class is totally irrelevant. Experience and history shows us Hatch
has been a force for numerous laws that affect you regardless of where you
live. I'm sorry you do not understand how government works.  MY GOD! How the
heck can a senator do that if his job is only to rep. Utah's interests?!?!
Let's take a look at some of the stuff he's been up to that doesn't affect
you:

He was co author of the DMCA, and also responsible for the Copyright Term
Extension Act, or CTEA.

He also was responsible for a bill that would have extended the term of the
patent for Claritin, as he use Schering-Plough's corporate jet when he was
running for president.

He is also a backer of the patriot act, legislation that made it easier for
the FBI to use Carnivore, and other legislation that erodes our civil
rights.

Well. It's great that he's UTAH'S problem and not ours!