Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: RE: [ISN] DARPA pulls OpenBSD funding

From: yossarian <yossarian () planet nl>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 00:53:04 +0200

You seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding about where the line is in
doing damage to others.

Dunno - what is damage? If by my criticism someone has hurt feelings, i say,
so what? Some people have so very very tender feelings ... - impossible NOT
to hurt them.

My advice to you is to do some research on
defamation and libel cases to learn about what it is considered "bad
form" to expect free speech to protect.  To whit, the cases you cited
do not, IMHO, fall into those that you might consider to be misconduct
and where "freedom of speech" is not accepted as a defence.

My impression is that Theo de Raadt should have expected his funds
withdrawn, and his plea for free speech is silly. I think no foreigner can
understand the great notion of free speech. And, ah, i have studied libel
and defamation, just before i dropped out of law school. But then again, not
being a US citizen, i also studied a different law, where free speech,
libel, etc. mean something else. I am not allowed to say auschwitz never
happened, which is protected by the free speech thingie in the US, but i am
allowed to print sploit code or use KaZaa.

Yossarian

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html