Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: RE: [ISN] DARPA pulls OpenBSD funding

From: pandora () swi com br
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 11:12:46 -0300

On Sun, Apr 20, 2003 at 08:37:40AM -0500, Ed Carp wrote:
It's a little difficult to completely avoid US products in the
encryption field.  And if your response is along the lines of "Open
Source, can't hide anything", I'll save time and summarize my rebuttal
now; DES, Differential Cryptanalysis, NSA, 20 years.

There's a ton of crypto software that's been developed overseas.  I guess
you missed my previous post, but think IDEA.

Wasn't Rijndael (US's AES) developed by some Belgian folks?

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html