Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Scare Me !!

From: "Joseph Judge" <joej () ultranet com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 22:46:57 -0400

Jody -

Mark Gembecki - War Room Research
ex-analyst from one of the analyst firms. Some big
5's paid for some research (released April). The
complete set of info costs a large amount of $$.

I feel/felt the same way ... I work in a big5. Came
from a financial services firm (fortune500) -- none
there. Too much liability.

Sorry for the delay in rsvp ... was in NYC at a large
financial services company (euro, institutional place). Nice
folks -- no strike back there, either .... ANYMORE.
Used to ... the newer folks (and partially why I'm there)
cleaned out the old crew ... are centralizing things
... and caught that "feature" of their FWs.

I've also been doing some work with spook folks. Some of
the anecdotes "out there" are starting to line up -- based
on some interesting tools that are aiming their way out
to the commerical world (dumbed down, and w/o the offensive
capabilities). Like NFR on steroids, with a SIGINT engine
behind. It makes the hairs on the back of my neck stick up.

        - joe