Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Security Survey

From: Valdis Kletnieks <Valdis.Kletnieks () VT EDU>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 16:49:53 -0400

On Tue, 20 Sep 2011 09:41:45 MDT, Ozzie Paez said:
There is an interesting security survey on Baseline Magazine on line called
Companies Spend On Security Amid Mobile and Social Threats - It may be
interesting if you are trying to gage where security concerns are right now.

Now, is that where the *actual* security concerns are, or where companies
have spent their money because consultants told them what concerns were?

Consider the hype about "advanced persistent threats" - most of which are
neither persistent or even all that advanced, or the hype about cyber-war,
or the hype about... oh never mind, if I keep typing I'll just depress myself. ;)