Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Security Survey

From: Ozzie Paez <ozpaez () SPRYNET COM>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 19:35:18 -0600

That is always the question - Although in these cases, the decisions tend to
be made based on what many of the security software and appliances companies
come up with.  Having said that, it offers at least some perspective of the
thinking out there.  Given that security is an on-going active threat, my
sense is that, while they can be influenced, real results would show, good
or bad.  So, it is not some ethereal argument about soft ideas; experience
would bring it down to earth.
Ozzie Paez
SSE
www.ozziepaezdecisions.com