Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: University credentials used by third parties

From: Nate johnson <njj () NJJ-ASSOCIATES COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 14:57:13 -0400

Greetings Jeff:

Thank you for resurrecting my 360/30 memories. Many times, it was faster to reload the program, set the instruction stop before the impending abend instruction, diagnose the problem, modify memory accordingly when the processing stopped, and then continue with the payroll processing. l was unable to determine which device was the source for the IPL, with my poor eyesight.

At the very least, your picture should be part of the documentation that Paul may be collecting.

While I have noticed references to GE, IBM, and DEC, are there other computer manufacturers, inclusive of RCA, that were the object of study or use that could enhance Paul's efforts - Wang, NCR, Bell Labs, Burroughs, Univac, Remington Rand, and the software players? Paul, I'm more than willing to share the limitations of my background.

Oh Jenny, if I may, would "A blast from the past, AND forward to the fast and furious" be a viable consideration?

Many thanks.

With best regards,

Nate