Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Identity Finder

From: Allison Dolan <adolan () MIT EDU>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 07:46:02 -0500

Because of the ability of Identity Finder to encrypt data as well as
find them, it may be a way to comply with data breach laws that say
you don't need to notify if the data are encrypted

A bit of Identity Finder advertising I got a couple months ago:

This summer [2009], we released version 4.0, a significant update
that not only provides a host of enhancements to finding personal
data, but also adds new tools such as our digital file shredder,
encrypted file vault, and system cleanup tools.

Allison F. Dolan
Program Director, Protecting Personally Identifiable Information
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
77 Massachusetts Ave  NE49-3021
Cambridge MA 02139-4307
Phone: (617) 252-1461