Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Identity Finder

From: Gary Dobbins <dobbins () ND EDU>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 16:21:39 -0500

Great product.  Very configurable.  Has had a few bugs (e.g. at one point couldn't detect SSN in an Excel sheet if it
was formatted *as* SSN-type) but they fixed it.  Note that it by default limits the size of files it will scan, for
performance reasons.  Be sure you check all settings and are aware of what it won't be looking into.
But for the routine cases, it's very usable and effective.