Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Identity Finder

From: "Flynn, Gerald" <flynngn () JMU EDU>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 09:23:33 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: The EDUCAUSE Security Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU] On Behalf Of Allison Dolan
Sent: Friday, December 18, 2009 7:46 AM
To: SECURITY () LISTSERV EDUCAUSE EDU
Subject: Re: [SECURITY] Identity Finder

Because of the ability of Identity Finder to encrypt data as well as
find them, it may be a way to comply with data breach laws that say you
don't need to notify if the data are encrypted

A bit of Identity Finder advertising I got a couple months ago:

This summer [2009], we released version 4.0, a significant update that
not only provides a host of enhancements to finding personal data, but
also adds new tools such as our digital file shredder, encrypted file
vault, and system cleanup tools.

Do you know if it offers any sort of enterprise key
archive capabilities?