Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: phishing irony

From: James <security () CYCLOHEXANE NET>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 13:52:09 -0000

Maybe I've missed your point entirely, but sending out your own phish emails
to see who replies doesn't change the "IT dept. will never ask for my
password" rule. People are not supposed to reply, the rule still holds.
Anyone who does reply hasn't followed the rule and you get to know about it
and educate them before they reply to a real phish.

James