Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: phishing irony

From: "HALL, NATHANIEL D." <halln () OTC EDU>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 09:09:05 -0600

It might seem deceptive, but you don't have to tell them the IT department sent the e-mail.  It is probably best if
they don't know.  When I see a phishing e-mail come to any of my multiple college mailboxes I do a search to see if
anybody has replied.  If they have then I contact them.  Why not act the same way with the IT generated messages?

--
Nathaniel Hall, GSEC GCFW GCIA GCIH GCFA
Network Security System Administrator

Office: (417) 447-7535