Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Extremely High Spam Statistics

From: "HALL, NATHANIEL D." <halln () OTC EDU>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 08:53:27 -0600

We are a moderately sized community college in the Midwest US.  Since
February 1, we have had around 940,000 messages pass through our SPAM
filters.  Out of those, around 87,000 not classified as SPAM.  That puts
us at around 91% of our e-mail as SPAM.

BTW, we are using Barracuda SPAM Firewalls.  We previously used
SpamAssassin on our systems, but found that Barracuda's finely tuned
SpamAssassin rules worked much better.

--

Nathaniel Hall, GSEC GCFW GCIA GCIH GCFA

Network Security System Administrator

OTC Computer Networking

Office: (417) 447-7535