Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Vulnerability Assessment Requirements

From: "Franklin, Elliott" <franklin () TXSTATE EDU>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 08:36:29 -0500

At Texas State University - San Marcos we apply the default CCA rule for
windows update and McAfee 8.0i and do not allow a grace period.  We
apply these rules only to Windows 2000 workstations and above.  The only
problem that we've experience with this is that our on-campus update
servers were not updated as quickly as the CCA rules so we had to change
their intervals.

Elliott Franklin, CISSP

Information Security Analyst

Texas State University - San Marcos