Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Vulnerability Assessment Requirements

From: George <george.russ () CITADEL EDU>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 13:39:22 -0400

Do you allow a grace period.

No grace period for first time registration

Do you require that new updates and virus definitions are necessary as soon
as they become available?

Yes, done automatically

To get on the "real" network we require:

SP2 and current on MS critical updates

No Norton AV products (interferes with Symantec)

Symantec AV Corporate 10.0, settings virtually locked down

"Completed" Symantec scan of entire local root drive

MS AntiSpyware

MS FW on

Patch management SW installed(Patchlink agent)

MS updates set for automatic DL and install

Other minor configurations to IE, registry, etc.

George

George Russ                       ITS/Network Support Services

The Citadel                       Charleston SC 29409

  _____