Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Vulnerability Assessment Requirements

From: "Hall, Rand" <rand () MERRIMACK EDU>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 14:01:15 -0400

A couple of people have already mentioned that they require MS
AntiSpyware. Really? Beta software? What happens if Microsoft changes
its licensing?

Don't get me wrong. I have it on lots of our PCs and I like it. I've
been thinking about making it a soft requirement--i.e.., check to see it
it's installed, if it's not then throw up the nag window and suggest
it...but let them continue if they wish without meeting the requirement.

--
Rand P. Hall, Director, Network Services
SunGard Collegis, Inc.