Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Vendor Participation on List and Proper Identification

From: "Parker, Ron" <Ron.Parker () BRAZOSPORT EDU>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 12:21:34 -0500

Mr. "Harry A'Hole" here, posting from his anonymous community network
account, just made my original point perfectly.

I'd like to see the list leaders chime in at this point? Can we please
get some sort of screening process set up for who can be on these lists?
All I want is for some responsible person to look at requests to join
the list and verify that the person making the request has any business
being here. If you want to allow all .edu domains by default and only
deal with others, fine. I'd really like to have the list archives closed
or sanitized as well. I don't see how we can carry on productive,
professional conversations in this venue with the amount of noise that
is in this system currently.

--
Ron Parker, Director of Information Technology, Brazosport College