Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: Vendor Participation on List and Proper Identification

From: John Nunnally <Nunnally () HARDING EDU>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 14:45:46 -0500

From: Jimmy L. Fikes [mailto:fikesj () WBU EDU]
I cannot image how a vendor hopes to make a sale to those he/she annoys!

Amen!  If there is a "no unsolicited call" list being generated out there by
the vendors on the list, please put me on it.

I registered for a conference recently (not Educause) and immediately the
email, phone, and snail mail spam started coming by the ton.  I even got a
"thanks for coming by our booth" email today from a vendor I never talked
to.  I very deliberately threw it all away without a second glance.

John Nunnally
Harding University